Wednesday

Meet Mrs. Mackey

Hi! My name is Lisa Mackey. I grew up in Sugarland, Texas. I have a younger brother and sister. I always knew I wanted to be a teacher and when we were little, I used to make my brother and sister sit down and listen to me as I taught them something new.

I went to college at Texas State University in San Marcos and loved spending time in the Texas Hill Country. I worked with many educational programs in college such as Head Start and Partners in Reading. I was even lucky enough to teach in Costa Rica.

My first year in teaching I was a resident teacher at Meadows Elementary (MY old elementary school) and was able to teach along side some of MY old teachers! I then journeyed to Mark Twain Elementary in HISD. And, now I am proud to be a METZLER HUSKY!! I am excited to be teaching 3rd grade again with the Husky family and having a self-contained class this coming year.

My awesome husband's name is Travis and he is my best friend. We have a daughter named Addison who will be 2 in April. She is wonderful AND full of energy. And Travis and I are excited to say we are expecting baby #2 in January! :) Our family loves to travel and is always playing and laughing!


I cannot wait to hear about you and your families. I look forward to meeting everyone on Friday, August 24th from 1:30-3:30!

No comments:

Post a Comment